2017 Thomson Reuters – Lead Counsel
2017 Super Lawyers – Rising Star
2017 Outstanding Young Lawyer
2016 Super Lawyers – Rising Star
2016 Outstanding Young Lawyer
2015 Avvo Clients Choice
2015 Avvo Rating – Excellent
2014 Avvo Clients Choice
2014 Avvo Rating – Excellent
JONATHAN D. HERPY SR.
Jonathan D. Herpy Sr. has been named one of the top attorneys in Illinois (“Rising Star”) under the age of 40 by Illinois Super Lawyers and Chicago Magazine in 2016 and 2017.
Jonathan D. Herpy Sr. is a founding partner at Hart & David, LLP. Mr. Herpy is an accomplished corporate and transactional attorney advising corporations on an “outside general counsel” basis, financial institutions, investors, securities professionals and boards of directors on a wide range of matters, including disclosure, compliance, governance, fiduciary duty, and insider trading.
Mr. Herpy has also represented individuals and corporations alike in the areas of private equity, healthcare, and international/domestic asset protection.
Mr. Herpy’s experience further extends to issues of deception and manipulation of the securities and commodities markets along with a focus on proprietary trading models and intellectual property litigation.
Prior to the formation of Hart & David LLP, Mr. Herpy acted as General Counsel to OTG Sports Management, dealing extensively with the National Football League (NFL), player arbitration, and player compliance. He further dealt with corporate structuring, and domestic/international asset protection & planning.
- State Bar of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Northern District of Illinois, United States Bankruptcy Court
- United States Tax Court
- United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Ligitation
- Western Michigan University (J.D.) – Juris Doctor
- Washington & Jefferson College (B.A.) – Psychology/History
- University of Moscow (2005)
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Downers Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Boy Scouts of America – EAGLE SCOUT