2017 Super Lawyers – Rising Star
2016 Super Lawyers – Rising Star
2015 Super Lawyers – Rising Star
2013 CBA Rising Star
Outstanding Service Award – CBA
Octavio Duran, Jr. dedicates his practice to representing individuals and families in all areas of personal injury including automobile collisions, construction negligence, premises liability and workers compensation.
Octavio has had much success in his young career. He has acquired millions of dollars for his clients and has been recognized as a Rising Star by the Chicago Bar Association and the SuperLawyers; an award given for his dedication to public service and the advancement of the law.
He is licensed to practice law in Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Octavio attended Michigan State University College of Law on a scholarship. He graduated as the Class President, launching a scholarship for his graduating class. He also served as Vice-President of the Public Interest Law Society and as the liaison for the Hispanic Law Society and for Phi Alpha Delta. In addition, he was a member of the Moot Court Trial and Advocacy Board where he became a semi-finalist in the National Trial Competition and the American Association for Justice Competition.
Octavio is an active member in the legal community. He serves as the President for the Alumni Association Board for Michigan State University College of Law and as a Project Officer for the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section. As a president and as project officer, he has launched several fundraising functions that will benefit students and the legal community.
When he is not spending his time volunteering for political candidates, he spends his time running and biking. He recently placed in the top 1% of all runners in Race Judicata, a race that raises funds for the Chicago Volunteer Legal Services.
- State Bar of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D.) – Juris Doctor
- University of Illinois – Champaign – History/Political Science
- Alumni Board Member for Michigan State University – PRESIDENT
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA) – Project Officer
- Volunteer Legal Clinic Administrator – Proco “Joe” Moreno
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice